IF glasses (aka spectacles)

Bear with me - no seriously don’t leave. I’m sorry about the pun.
 
Ok, so when I was hiking with some friends on the Inca trail in Peru we passed a warning sign with a bear on it. We asked our guide about the bears and he told us they were called spectacular bears.
This filled us with glee. How wonderful is that? And why or what makes it spectacular? Our imaginations filled in the blanks.
So it was with a grain of chagrin I found out it was actually called the spectacled bear – but let’s be honest, in my heart he will always be spectacular.

10 comments:

Ces Adorio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ces Adorio said...

Sorry for messing up your comment section. My typo altered the comment. So anyway, Aaaaaawwwwww!!! Hahahaha! So cute both the illustrations and the story. It's like my friend telling me that the joke was innoculous, so I told her that I think the joke was more like getting stabbed with an injection than being harmless. To this day she still thinks the word is innoculous, just like some patients of mine asking for a technical shot when they sustained lacerations. Heheheheh! Your illustrations rock!!!

Laurie A. Conley said...

Great concept for the theme this week. I love the post and your illustrations of the bears are so whimsical and fun!

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful idea and illustration!

poppylocke said...

Brilliant :)

Tammie Lee said...

we have lots of bear warning signs...
they will be waking soon.

your post has made me smile
as have all your drawings ~

how wonderful that you went to Peru

Gynux said...

Hahaha !! Great story and illustrations !
Jag tycker mycket om din stil !

Katrin said...

This post made my day :)

Bella Sinclair said...

Hahahahahaha! Oh my. That story was adorable, as is your spectacular bear! Math award, Hahahaha! Well, spectacular or spectacled, it's pretty clear either way he's darn lovable!

tusen said...

Your bears are spectacular indeed :) Thank you for the laugh. And as always, thank you so much for sharing your drawings, I love them.